Finding the right vehicle insurance

Our agents at EIG will help you find the best coverage you need for your business.

Tell us about your commercial auto insurance needs. Let's find a solution together.

Get the answers and
Vehicle coverage you need

Commercial Auto Insurance insures your vehicles for physical damage and liability coverages for amounts, situations, and usage not covered by a personal auto policy. This type of business insurance covers a variety of vehicles and is also referred to as commercial car insurance, truck insurance, or fleet insurance.

In general, if an auto is used in tasks related to the operator's occupation, profession or business, other than commuting, a commercial policy is necessary.

  • If you are using your auto to transport goods or people for a fee or if you use your auto to conduct a service, you may need a commercial auto insurance policy.
  • A commercial auto policy may be appropriate if you need higher limits of liability because of the nature of your work.
  • Hauling a considerable weight in tools or equipment or towing a trailer used to conduct your business may require a commercial auto insurance policy.
  • A commercial insurance policy may be needed if employees operate the auto or if ownership is in the name of a corporation or partnership.

Commercial auto insurance, like your personal auto policy, provides similar coverages such as liability, collision, comprehensive, medical payments (or personal injury protection) and uninsured motorists coverage to businesses. However, there are also differences between a commercial auto insurance policy and your personal auto policy that may include eligibility, definitions, coverages, exclusions, and limits.

Most Commercial auto policies are "named driver only" policies, meaning only those drivers listed on the policy can operate a covered auto.


EIG is your trusted provider of both personal and commercial insurance. Contact us today to build a personalized quote.

commercial Auto Insurance Coverage Options

Bodily injury liability coverage

Pays for bodily injury or death resulting from an accident for which you are at fault and provides you with a legal defense.

Property damage liability coverage

Provides you with protection if your car accidently damages another persons property. It also provides you with a legal defense.

Combined single limit (CSL)

Liability policies typically offer separate limits that apply to bodily injury claims for property damage. A combined single limits policy has the same dollar amount of coverage per covered occurrence whether bodily injury or property damage, one person or several.

Medical payments, no-fault or Personal Injury Coverage

Usually pays for the medical expenses of the driver and passengers in your car incurred as a result of a covered accident regardless of fault.

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage

Pays for your injuries and, in some circumstances, certain property damage caused by an uninsured or a hit-and-run driver. In some cases, underinsured motorist coverage is also included. This is for cases in which the at-fault driver has insufficient insurance.

Comprehensive physical damage coverage

Pays for damage to or replacement of your car from theft, vandalism, flood, fire, and other covered perils.

Collision coverage

Pays for damage to your car when it hits or is hit by another object.

How much do I need?

With many different options, commercial car insurance can be confusing. We can help you with your commercial vehicle insurance needs, so contact one of the agents at EIG for a quote today.


We offer both personal and commercial policies and opportunities to bundle for great savings!

Use our secure forms to enter your information

Business Commercial Form
Preferred Method of Contact

Already a customer?  CONTACT US

945+ Reviews

Already a customer?

EIG Insurance Partners